In March of 2020, PeopleMetrics conducted an independent study to find out how employees across the US perceive their employer's response to COVID-19.
We found that 55% of American workers are unhappy with their employer's response to COVID-19, but that perceptions varied depending on employees' working environment, generation, industry and more.
This infographic outlines some key findings from the study & our recommendations to improve employee experience in a COVID-19 world:
(Click infographic to enlarge)
Share this Image On Your Site
The 3 key takeaways from this study were:
- While less than half of employees are satisfied with their employer’s response to COVID-19, those who are required to work onsite are far less satisfied (30%) than those who can work from home (51%).
- The concerns of employees who are able to work from home (e.g., inconvenience of working from home, loss of productivity) are dramatically different than those who cannot work from home (e.g., fear of catching the virus, lack of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)).
- Employees from different industries, generations and company sizes have significantly different perceptions of their employer’s handling of COVID-19.
- Industries that are able to enact work from home policies should do so. Give employees the tools they need to successfully work from home. Prepare for WFH to continue even after COVID-19 passes.
- Industries with employees working onsite should purposefully design an employee experience that makes them feel safe at work, confident that they are part of the company’s future and that the company cares for them as people.
- Communicate. Communicate. Communicate. Now more than ever, employees need to hear from leadership and their colleagues. There is no such thing as over-communicating. Consistently listening to employees and taking action on their feedback is key to effective communication.
More from this study
In this webinar, we reveal the full findings of this study and provide our top 3 recommendations for what companies can do to effectively measure and manage employee experience during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
PeopleMetrics' New Study Reveals Top 3 Priorities for Employers During COVID-19
This webinar recording is here for you to watch on-demand any time. Feel free to share it with any friends or colleagues who are interested in employee experience.